Pleasure of the Moment:

Husband cooking a meal and watching baby.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dancin' with my Baby

I like to boogie down with my baby. I want Ellie to appreciate all types of music.

We play lots of classical to her, especially when she's nursing. We often have public radio
WETA 90.9 on as the background music to our shenanigans. And I recently picked up a 10 disc classical music CD at a yard sale in town for $5! The classics are so under-appreciated. I grew up playing piano and clarinet, so I want the little baby to like the good stuff. Recently we waltzed around her bedroom to the Blue Danube Waltz and the Waltz of the Sugarplum Fairies. Waltzes are hard! Very fast! I was pooped afterwards!

The
Vienna Community Center and various Fairfax County Rec Centers have music classes that I think we'll bring Ellie to when she's a tad older.

But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I've been known to play the occasional Lady Gaga song to her. I just downloaded the knew Michael Franti song, Sound of Sunshine, too - happy, pop, summertime music. I'm making what I call "Ellie's PLAYlist" on the iPod. Rock on!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I love exposing the kids to music, we've taken Music Together at the Community Center and love it. Have you ever heard of Baby Loves Disco? http://www.babylovesdisco.com/ We went to one in DC and it was super fun! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the "Single Ladies (by Beyonce)" dance Ellie has done as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Baby Loves Disco thing is awesome! I would love to take E to that. Is there an age minimum? She can't walk yet - but she can dance! ;)

    ReplyDelete