Pleasure of the Moment:

Husband cooking a meal and watching baby.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Getting Pampered - and I Don't Mean Diapers!

Time for some pampering! No, not the kind with leakage protection. I mean a massage! A pedicure! A manicure! Nothing makes a weary mom feel energized like a little nail polish and body lotion.

I usually go to Cherry's Nail Salon next to Magruder's for the mani/pedi. The New Yorker in me knows that it's most comparable in cost to the competitive-priced service on Long Island. I think it's a pretty standard service at Cherry's.

But this weekend I went for the second time to Diamond Spa on Church Street for a pedicure with my mother-in-law (thanks again, Roz!). It's a little more relaxing - there's a nice foot and leg rub involved, finishing with a mini hot stone massage! The only downer, which may seem like a bonus for those with more time, is that it takes a long time to get a pedicure. The first time was almost two hours, this time an hour and 15 minutes. Sign you're a time-strapped mom: you get irked at a long pedicure. What kind of monster have I become?

Next week I head to Bellini Salon and MedSpa. I went once for a massage and loved it. I went once for a pedicure and wasn't too impressed. I am returning again for a massage.

Ooohh. Ahhhh.

2 comments:

  1. You Long Island girls always find the best deals!!! Have fun at the Spa next week, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't get to Bellini yet. No weekend appointments until end of July! Boo!

    ReplyDelete